Tuesday, May 6, 2014

This was Coco!

Coco, 2012
Inimitable. Unbelievably strong-willed. Delightfully caressable.
This was Coco, the one who can never be replaced.
She had a tough life from day one.
She lost an eye due to a virus, but it never impeded her success at being a huntress.
After living for months in a cage at the SPCA in Humboldt, she came home with me to experience a new life.
Once she got a taste of the great outdoors, she thrived on it. You couldn't keep her penned in anywhere, she would always find a way out!
Cheeky, daring, trusting, she was meant to be able to live freely. Perhaps that is where I went wrong, in not protecting her from the dangers that can befall an "outdoor" cat, but I couldn't limit her boundaries.
And so, we lost her. We don't know what we lost her to, but that funny little one-eyed face is just a thing of memories and photos now. Her life on Camrose Crescent cut short, but she left her mark!
Irreplaceable, as most pets are. I wouldn't mind that God wanted her to be somewhere else, but it was too short a time for us to have had her.
Here are some pictures that, I hope, do justice to what an incredible little soul she was.

I ❤ Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment